||15th March - 6th October
||15th March - 31st October
||6th October - 31st October
|12-16 years / disabled season
|Under 12 years
||FREE (permit still required)
- The ELAA supports the Recommended Code of Practice issued by the Forth
District Salmon Fishery Board.
- You are required by law to complete the migratory catch record on the card
provided with your permit. To receive a voucher for £5 off
your 2017 season ticket, send your catch return card (Freepost) to the Association by
30th November 2016.
- Access rights to fish the river at Herdmanston Mains
(FDSFB code TY27) have not been granted for the 2016 season and therefore
this stretch of the river is not covered by the ELAA permit. During 2013 the
riparian owner had a number of problems with cars blocking the farm road
which has led to the removal of the fishing rights. Anglers are reminded to
park responsibly when accessing all parts of the river.
- The ELAA supports and encourages catch and release of all wild fish.
- All salmon to be released
- If you must take trout, then 2 fish maximum please
- All trout under 20cms (8ins) must be released.
- Do not block farm entrances at any time.
- No spinning or spinning reels, no use of floats
- No treble hooks.
- Fly rods and reels only - rod to be kept in hand.
- Bait fishing allowed only with worms, maggots or grubs
- No Sunday fishing for migratory fish
- Sunday fishing is allowed for brown trout, except where specified on the
- No fires to be lit.
- No fishing between markers at weirs and natural falls.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse the sale of a permit to anyone
and to withdraw any permit sold